The Challenge FundHOW TO APPLY
THE CALL Applying
The Challenge Fund will run over three open calls, with a total time for the overall project at approximately 60 months. Each call will have the same operational structure, however with possible variations in criteria, number of projects etc. based on learnings from earlier calls and to ensure the programme meets its overall objectives. Each call will be defined by a specific set of guidelines that will be endorsed by the Programme Steering Committee. The selection process will last 6 months from start to finish, with 24-36 months for implementation, making each call approximately 36 months on average.
The window for applications each call is a minimum of 30 days. This call will run for 45 days
The third call opened on 9th October 2019 and closed on 20th November 2019 at 12.00pm EAT.
The applicant agri-enterprises will need to submit a project concept note (PCN). The application form will be accessed through the on-line platform AfriCUBE which allows the applicant to register and submit concept notes. Applicants will be able to download the application questions from the website www.agrifichallengefund.org for offline understanding of details and preparation. Each window will be open for a minimum of 30 days. The PCN will require applicants to outline:
- The applicant profile and partners;
- The project description: How the project addresses and contributes to the challenge;
- Expected social and environmental impact as a result of the project;
- Sustainability and need for financial support funding;
- Estimated budget and outline of match-funding sources as per the respective eligibility criteria on match funding.
THE CALL Award Process
Open call for applications (30 days)
Step 2Submission of project concept note on AfriCUBE
- Screening of concept notes by AfriCUBE
- Scoring of concept notes
Step 4Invitation to develop full proposal
- Evaluation of submitted proposals
Endorsement of proposals by Program Steering Committee
THE CALL Concept Note Submission
The concept notes must be submitted online via africube.com in English language. Upon submission of a concept note online, the applicant will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt to the e-mail provided in the application. Only complete applications will be evaluated and therefore, applicants are urged to review their applications for completeness before submission. Please note that incomplete concept notes will be rejected.
The deadline for the submission of concept notes for thethird call for applications is 20/22/2019 at 12.00 pm (noon) EAT (East African Time).
Applicants are permitted to submit one or more concept notes in each call, however only one project per applicant can be funded.
Any concept note submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
THE CALL Required documents for the proposal stage
- Certificate of registration / incorporation
- Trading license
- Business license
- Tax / PIN certificate
- Constitution / Bylaws
- Articles of association
- Business plan
- Contracts with suppliers
- Contracts with customers
- Contracts with other business partners
- Annual accounts most recent year
- Annual accounts most recent year -1
- Annual accounts most recent year -2
- Bank statements past year
- Cash flow forecast
- Credit reference bureau report
- Ownership documents / titles
- Asset valuation documents
- Offer letters of past loans / loan agreements
- Resolution of right to borrow
- Proof of certification(s) (e.g. Fairtrade, Utz Certified, ISO, etc…)
- Insurance policies
- List of outgrowers
- Farmer database (including phone numbers)
- Resume of executive managers
- AGM minutes
- Register of production volumes
- Register of purchases/inputs
- HR policy
- Finance policy
- Administrative policy
- Environmental Impact assessment report